Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Ravellenic Games

The Ravellenic Games are a just-for-fun yarn competition through my favourite site Ravelry.  You compete in 'events' such as "Scarf Hockey" and "Homestuff Hammerthrow"... making the appropriate items during the games and receiving virtual medals.  It's a fun way for over 12,000 people to knit, crochet, spin and dye yarn together.  It runs concurrently with the Olympics... July 27-Aug 12.

You can also be on a team.. I'm on two teams.  Team PlanetJune and Team Vaginal Fantasy (bookclub).

Here are my finished items...


And here are the medals I won...

The only thing I didn't get to finish was my Tunisian Purse... but my main goal for that was to learn the stitches and I did, so I'm still happy.  I'll finish it eventually.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Your octopus with the umbrella is so cool (as is everything else, but I'm pretty sure that is my favorite)! Great job on all of the medals - you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete