Monday, September 6, 2010

Grandma

Today we said goodbye to a special person in my family... It was a sad day, but also a time to reflect on the many ways she shaped our lives. I believe that she is at peace now, after struggling these past couple months.

I have so many fond memories of my Grandma. I spent a lot of time at her house when I was a kid. When we lived in Dunleath, I would go over there sometimes before and after school while my parents were at work. And after we moved to Medicine Hat I spent several summers at their house, before they moved to the Hat too. Those summers were the most fun... my cousins would come out and we would go camping, bottle picking, or maybe go to town to the mall. But before the boys came, I mostly hung out with Grandma. We'd play games, or do puzzles, make donuts... or even burn garbage. She could make anything fun. One time we tried to make paper like I saw on tv... it didn't work, but it was still fun. I have such vivid memories of those times, and I'm so thankful for that.

Grandma... I hope you knew how much I loved you and how much you meant to so many people. You're with the angels now... rest in peace.

Love, your granddaughter. @-}-

No comments:

Post a Comment